ITIL Foundation Certification
The Foundation exam is the entry level certification and offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
This certification is primarily aimed at:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, or contribute to, ongoing service improvement.
However, the ITIL Foundation certification is open to and can benefit anyone who has an interest in the subject.
Holders of an ITIL Foundation certification are likely to require further guidance before being able to apply the ITIL practices for IT Service Management to professional projects or situations.
Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam
The bestselling study aid 'Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam - 2012 Edition' is the ideal companion for students preparing for their ITIL Foundation Exam.
Buy the study guide
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
Try a sample paper
After passing the ITIL Foundation exam, you can expect to gain a general overview and basic understanding of ITIL.
If you want to progress to the next stage of the ITIL certifications scheme, you can advance via the range of ITIL Intermediate certifications or the ITIL Practitioner certification.