ITIL Foundation Certification - IT Service Management
The Foundation will introduce you to the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle.
The certification is can help:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management (ITSM) within an organization
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, or contribute to, ongoing service improvement.
However, the ITIL Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT service management.
ITIL Foundation training
Typically, classroom training for ITIL Foundation lasts two and a half days and the examination takes place at the end of the training (this will vary depending on the training provider). You can also self-study for the Foundation exam and you may also choose to take training in another format such as distance learning. Training is delivered by AXELOS' Accredited Training Organizations who set their own rates - use our training search to find an ITIL training provider.
ITIL Foundation Exam Format
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
Try a sample paper
I've passed my ITIL Foundation exam - what next?
One year’s subscription to ITIL Membership is included with your ITIL Foundation certificate. ITIL Membership is an online subscription to the latest resources and content helping you to apply what you have learnt during the ITIL Foundation exam to the workplace, as well as developing your skills and knowledge in line with future innovations in IT service management.
ITIL Membership includes:
- Access to an online subscription to the ITIL Practitioner official guidance (until 31 December 2018) and templates to help you progress your ITIL journey
- Exclusive white papers
- CPD tools to map out a professional development path
- Professional endorsement through a digital badge aligned to your ITIL Foundation certificate.
Successful candidates will be contacted by AXELOS with a discount code. Candidates must have opted-into AXELOS’ Successful Candidates Register upon exam registration to be contacted. If you have any queries, please email [email protected].
After earning your ITIL Foundation certificate, you can advance your ITSM career via the range of ITIL Intermediate certifications or the ITIL Practitioner certification. Use our ITSM Careers Path to help you plan your progress.
Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam
The bestselling study aid 'Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam - 2012 Edition' is the ideal companion for students preparing for their ITIL Foundation Exam.
Buy the study guide