ITIL Practitioner Certification - IT Service Management
The logical next step on any ITIL journey. 1 course, 1 exam, 1 level up in ITSM
The ITIL® Practitioner certification offers practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support your business' objectives. It enables practitioners to not only speak the language of ITIL, but be able to translate it and use it in practice.
ITIL Practitioner can be taken at any stage in the ITIL certification scheme beyond Foundation. It provides a different set of skills not available in the existing certifications.
The course fosters a culture of continuous service improvement and improves efficiency, productivity, and the collaborations between ITSM and the wider business.
Building on the good practice from other methodologies and frameworks such as DevOps, Agile and Lean, ITIL Practitioner adds value to any improvement initiative.
About ITIL Practitioner
- ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives.
- ITIL Practitioner also covers three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics.
- The ITIL Practitioner guidance follows 9 Guiding Principles
|Focus on value
|Design for Experience
|Start where you are
|Keep it simple
About the ITIL Practitioner Certification
ITIL Practitioner is complementary to all levels of knowledge from the ITIL certification scheme as it will help ensure that ITSM is working with the business.
- To take the ITIL Practitioner exam, individuals must hold a current ITIL Foundation certificate.
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications.
- ITIL Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
- ITIL Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL digital badge as part of our ITIL Membership programme.
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 135 minutes’ duration
- Open book.
Try a sample paper
ITIL Practitioner Exam Top Tips
Read our recommendations on how to tackle and pass the ITIL Practitioner Exam.
Read our tips
ITIL Practitioner Syllabi
Please contact an ITIL-accredited ATO to see whether they are offering ITIL Practitioner courses.