The logical next step on any ITIL journey. 1 course, 1 exam, 1 level up in ITSM
The ITIL® Practitioner certification offers practical guidance on how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework to support your business' objectives. It enables practitioners to not only speak the language of ITIL, but be able to translate it and use it in practice.
ITIL Practitioner can be taken at any stage in the ITIL certification scheme beyond Foundation. It provides a different set of skills not available in the existing certifications.
- ITIL Practitioner covers the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure any improvement initiatives.
- ITIL Practitioner also covers three key areas crucial for success of any improvement initiatives:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics.
ITIL Practitioner training
Typically, classroom training for ITIL Practitioner lasts one and a half days and the examination takes place at the end of the training (this will vary depending on the training provider). You can also self-study for the Practitioner exam and you may also choose to take training in another format such as distance learning. Training is delivered by AXELOS' Accredited Training Organizations who set their own rates.
Use our training search to find a training provider.
About ITIL Practitioner
|Focus on value
|Design for Experience
|Start where you are
|Keep it simple
About the ITIL Practitioner Certification
ITIL Practitioner is complementary to all levels of knowledge from the ITIL certification scheme as it will help ensure that ITSM is working with the business.
- To take the ITIL Practitioner exam, individuals must hold a current ITIL Foundation certificate.
- ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level certifications.
- ITIL Practitioner is worth three credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
- ITIL Practitioner is also worth 15 points towards your ITIL digital badge as part of our ITIL Membership programme.
- The examination is open book and made up of multiple choice questions based on a scenario.
ITIL Practitioner Exam Format
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 135 minutes’ duration
- Open book.
After achieving your ITIL Practitioner certification
After earning your ITIL Pracitioner qualification, you can continue to advance your ITSM career via the range of ITIL Intermediate certifications or you might wish to consider becoming an ITIL Expert. Use our ITSM Careers Path to help you plan your progress.
Keep up-to-date with My ITIL
One year’s subscription to My ITIL is included with your ITIL Practitoner certificate. My ITIL is an online subscription to the latest resources and content helping you to apply what you have learnt during the ITIL Practitioner exam to the workplace, as well as developing your skills and knowledge in line with future innovations in IT service management.
My ITIL gives you access to:
- Online subscription to the ITIL Practitioner official guidance (until 31 December 2018) and templates to help you progress your ITIL journey
- Exclusive white papers
- CPD tools to map out a professional development path
- Professional endorsement through a digital badge aligned to your ITIL Practitioner certificate.
Successful candidates will be contacted by AXELOS with a discount code. Candidates must have opted-into AXELOS’ Successful Candidates Register upon exam registration to be contacted. If you have any queries, please email [email protected].
You can also use our ITSM Careers Path to help you plan your progress.
Please contact an ITIL-accredited ATO to see whether they are offering ITIL Practitioner courses.