What is ITIL?
Digital technology is transforming our workplaces and daily lives. A new service culture has emerged to cope with the frenetic pace of change. Organizations and professionals must embrace this new service culture in order to survive, thrive, and remain competitive.
ITIL 4 is an adaptable framework for managing services within the digital era. Through our best practice modules, ITIL 4 helps to optimize digital technologies to co-create value with consumers, drive business strategy, and embrace digital transformation.
ITIL 4, the latest evolution of ITIL, builds on the core guidance of previous versions to provide comprehensive, practical, and proven guidance. It supports traditional service management activities, for example incident management and continual improvement, but can also be aligned to transformative technologies, such as Cloud, Automation, and AI.
It also works seamlessly with DevOps, Lean, and Agile, and Axelos’ products such as PRINCE2® and AgileSHIFT®. It is the basis for the international standard ISO20000 and the workflows in many service management software platforms.
Each ITIL 4 module is accompanied by a comprehensive core guidance publication and a globally recognized professional certification, from which millions of professionals worldwide have benefitted.
Many innovative organizations, including Spotify and Vodafone, have already increased their efficiency and customer satisfaction by adopting ITIL 4.
ITIL 4 can help you to:
- understand how IT impacts strategy and how professionals can utilize the four dimensions of service management in a wider business context
- use the guiding principles to navigate change, streamline work and introduce flexible and collaborative working practices
- break down silos by encouraging a holistic, systems-thinking approach to value co-creation
- build trusted relationships with stakeholders and develop effective and timely communications
- work with complex, adaptive systems and flexible processes that can adapt to changing environments
- learn the common language of IT-enabled service delivery, to boost your digital career progression and set you apart from your peers.
Find out about the ITIL 4 certifications here.