The MSP® certification scheme has been developed to offer three levels of certification: Foundation, Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner. AXELOS has accredited a number of Examination Institutes (EIs) who then accredit a network of Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs), including their trainers and course material. The ATOs and accredited trainers offer MSP training courses and examinations.
There are two routes towards obtaining the MSP certifications - you can sit the exams at the end of a training course with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or Accredited Trainer, or study privately and then book the exam without a training course via one of the MSP Examination Institutes.
You must take and pass the MSP examinations in order:
- Foundation exam
- Practitioner exam
- Advanced Practitioner exam
You can sit the Advanced Practitioner examination before you have the results from the Practitioner exam. But if you pass the Advanced Practitioner exam, yet fail the Practitioner exam, you must re-sit the Practitioner exam within 24 months to validate your Advanced Practitioner status. If you don’t do this within the 24 months, you will be required to re-sit both examinations.
For details of training courses, use our search facility to locate a training provider.
Practice for your MSP exams by testing yourself with these Sample Papers.
The MSP® examinations are offered at three levels: Foundation, Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner. There are also Re-Registration exams for the Practitioner and Advanced Practitioner levels.
These examinations are available in the following languages:
- Dutch (Foundation, Practitioner, Practitioner Re-Registration and Advanced Practitioner only)
- English (all examinations)
- French (Foundation, Practitioner and Practitioner Re-Registration only)
- Polish (Foundation, Practitioner, Practitioner Re-Registration and Advanced Practitioner only).
Examinations in these languages are available through our global network of Accredited Training Organizations.
Become a MSP member and you can access a wide range of content to help you pass your exams, to excel in your role and to advance your career.
Help me excel in my role
Access the latest best practices to help you apply MSP best practices to your programme management and help you excel. Membership gives you access to:
- Best Practice Subscriptions including ‘Executive Guide to directing projects in a PRINCE2 and MSP environment’
- Project Management Software - Project in a Box
- Project Management Templates.
Help me advance my career
Use our online tools to help you plan and record career development activities as you progress in your career. You can access:
- Online CPD toolset to plan and record your development
- Assess and benchmark your skills against PPM job roles
- Stand out with a digital badge.
Find out more about MSP membership.