PRINCE2 Agile Certification - Project Management
PRINCE2 Agile® has been developed as a single-tier Practitioner certification. The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to demonstrate that you can apply and tailor PRINCE2 Agile in a scenario situation.
A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Your individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided on how to use PRINCE2 Agile in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
Update to PRINCE2 Best Practice Guidance
To reflect changes in business practices, AXELOS has revised the PRINCE2 guidance, which may also affect the content of PRINCE2 Agile.
See our PRINCE2 2017 page for more information.
This certification is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts detailed in PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions.
Since 1 October 2016, you can take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certificate if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)*
- IPMA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director).
This represents an extension of the prerequisites for PRINCE2 Agile and will initially run until 31 December 2017.
For more information, see our PRINCE2 Agile Global Prerequisite update FAQs (PDF, 73KB) .
*'PMP' and 'CAPM' are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI is not affiliated with AXELOS. PMI does not endorse any AXELOS Qualifications.
- Objective testing
- 50 questions each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass out of 50 questions: 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 Agile guide only).
Try a sample paper
Route to Certification
There are two routes towards obtaining the PRINCE2 Agile certifications:
- you can sit the exams at the end of a training course with an AXELOS Accredited Training Organization or Accredited Trainer, or
- you can self-study and then book your exam via one of our PRINCE2 Agile Examination Institutes without taking a course.
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner examinations are currently available in English, German and Polish.