PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner Certification
PRINCE2 Agile® Practitioner combines agile concepts with the world’s most popular approach to project management. Developed in response to user demand, the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certifcation teaches you to blend structure, governance and control with agile methods, techniques and approaches.
This certification is aimed at professionals who work within a project environment including key staff involved with integrating project management with product delivery. An understanding of the agile concepts detailed in PRINCE2 Agile will also be beneficial to those with governance responsibilities for projects using agile delivery approaches as well as those involved with programme and project support functions.
You can take the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certificate if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher)
- PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- Project Management Qualification® (PMQ)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)*
- IPMA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director).
*'APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) formerly known as APMP' and 'CAPM' are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI). PMI is not affiliated with AXELOS. PMI does not endorse any AXELOS qualifications.
Booking an Exam where prerequisites apply
Please ensure that before you book an exam where a prerequisite is required, that you hold verified proof of completion of that prerequisite (i.e. certificate, or letter from AXELOS or former Examination Institute confirming you hold a current certification). Your examination results will be withheld until the correct prerequisite is provided to PeopleCert. If you are unable to provide the required prerequisite, then you will need to successfully complete the prerequisite before the higher-level exam result is released.
- Objective testing
- 50 questions each worth one mark
- 30 marks or more required to pass out of 50 questions: 60% pass mark
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam. Candidates may use the official printed hard copy of the PRINCE2 Agile® Guidance. The manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
Due to the impact of the coronavirus, from 13 April to 30 June 2020 individuals are now permitted to print PDFs for exams and use PDFs or official e-books on a second e-device (portable digital devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops) during open book exams.
Certification Expiry Date
The PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner certification will expire after 3 years. In order to maintain your qualification and ensure there are no gaps in your Practitioner status, you can either retake the PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Exam before the expiry date or maintain your certification through CPD points and a digital badge. If you choose to follow the CPD route you will need to purchase a subscription to MY PRINCE2 which costs £50 + VAT per year.
Try a sample paper
Route to Certification
There are two routes towards obtaining the PRINCE2 Agile certifications:
- you can sit the exams at the end of a training course with an AXELOS Accredited Training Organization or Accredited Trainer, or
- you can self-study and then book your exam via PeopleCert, our PRINCE2 Agile Examination Institute without taking a course.
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner examinations are currently available in English, German, Polish, and Dutch.