PRINCE2® Agile Foundation
In February 2018 AXELOS announced the arrival of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation, which is being launched in Summer 2018. The Introduction of this certification reinforces PRINCE2 Agile’s unrivalled reputation as the world’s most complete agile project management method; combining the benefits of agile ways of working, with the governance and structure of the PRINCE2 method.
Why is AXELOS launching PRINCE2 Agile Foundation?
AXELOS continually monitors global community feedback on the need for and value of updates to our entire portfolio and seeks to respond to it accordingly. One of the earliest pieces of feedback that AXELOS received was the need to provide more guidance on how practitioners could apply PRINCE2 in an agile context.
Initially, PRINCE2 Agile was launched as an extension module, tailored for organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2 method. The introduction of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation will enable everyone to benefit from guidance on delivering, managing or working within agile projects and project teams, without the need for any prior knowledge of PRINCE2.
Key things to understand about the introduction of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation
- Unlike PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner there are no prerequisites for this certification
- The new level will fit within the existing content scheme and is intended as another route for candidates to take PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner
- The launch will not impact the existing prerequisites for PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner. Therefore, PRINCE2 Foundation will still be a valid route into PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner.
Why should you consider doing PRINCE2 Agile Foundation?
Although the 2017 update to PRINCE2 provides some guidance on tailoring PRINCE2 in an agile context, it does not include detailed coverage of applying agile techniques and tools to the method. Thus, PRINCE2 Agile Foundation provides this added level of detail on how to deliver agile projects. Below are the key benefits, both organisations and individuals can expect to gain, by attending a PRINCE2 Agile Foundation training course, as well as sitting an exam. For Individuals:
- Accessible to any professional who wants to deliver agile projects
- Achieve a world-renowned agile project management certification
- Gain a broad range of knowledge of agile concepts and techniques including: Scrum, Kanban, Lean Start-up and Cynefin.
- Deliver demonstrable value earlier within projects
- Enable disciplined flexibility
- Reduce the risk of poor quality products through incremental and iterative delivery
- Promote transparent working practices throughout the project team.
What does PRINCE2 Agile Foundation launch mean for me?
AXELOS has created an extensive FAQ document to cover any major questions that you may have in relation to the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation launch. To find out more about the launch, please download the FAQ document. Alternatively, please register for an AXELOS community account to receive the latest information and updates about PRINCE2 Agile Foundation.
Download the PRINCE2 Agile FAQs >
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation will be delivered through our network of training partners and you can find a complete list of PRINCE2 Agile ATOs through our training provider search.