PRINCE2® 7 Practitioner
PRINCE2® 7 Practitioner extends your knowledge and understanding to enable you to apply and tailor the PRINCE2® project management method.
PRINCE2® 7 Practitioner Certification
PRINCE2 is a globally recognized and established project management method that offers a structured, scalable, and tailorable approach to project management. Its focus on governance, risk management, and benefits realization sets it apart from other qualifications. By integrating agile concepts and emphasizing tailoring, the new PRINCE2 is even more adaptable to diverse project environments.
PRINCE2 7 addresses changes in the project management sector and adapts to evolving working practices and technologies.
Key Updates for Emboldening Success:
- Central Focus on People Management, recognising the importance of human capital in project success.
- Enhanced Flexibility and Customization, adapting to the unique requirements of each project, across sectors.
- Embracing Digital and Data Management, equipping you with the right tools to keep your projects up to date in the digital era.
- Integration of Sustainability into Project Performance, aligning projects with environmental and social responsibility goals.
- Compatibility with Agile, Lean, and ITIL, enhancing overall project performance.
- Designed for all professionals, including aspiring or experienced project managers, using simplified language and content which makes it more accessible to all.
We have also developed a PRINCE2® 7 AI Practice Guide, available exclusively on our membership platform, to perfectly complement the new AI-ready PRINCE2.
PRINCE2® 7 Practitioner Training
Typically, classroom training for PRINCE2 Practitioner lasts two days and the examination takes place at the end of the training (this will vary depending on training provider). However, you can self-study for the Practitioner exam and you may also choose to take the training in another format such as distance learning. Training is delivered by PeopleCert’s Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs) who set their own rates, so prices will vary.
- All Project Managers (certified and uncertified)
- Aspiring Project Managers
- For everyone aiming to enhance their project management skills
To take the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2® 7 (Foundation)
- PRINCE2® 6th Edition (Foundation or Practitioner)
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ)*
- Project Professional Qualification (PPQ)*
- Project Management Professional (PMP)**
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®**
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)**
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)***
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)***
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)***
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)***
*‘PMQ and PPQ’ are registered marks of the Association for Project Management
*‘PMQ’ is a registered mark of the Association for Project Management.
**'PMP and CAPM' are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
***‘IPMA Level A/B/C/D’ are registered trademarks of the International Project Management Association.
APM, PMI and IPMA are not affiliated with Axelos, nor do they endorse any Axelos qualifications.
Booking an Exam Where Pre-Requisites Apply
Please ensure that before you book an exam where a prerequisite is required, that you hold verified proof of completion of that prerequisite (i.e. certificate, or letter from PeopleCert or former Examination Institute confirming you hold a current certification). Your examination results will be withheld until the correct prerequisite is provided to PeopleCert. If you are unable to provide the required prerequisite, then you will need to successfully complete the prerequisite before the higher-level exam result is released.
- Objective testing
- 70 questions per paper
- 42 marks or more required to pass (out of 70 available): 60%
- Two-and-a-half hours’ (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book. Candidates are permitted to use the official printed hard copy of the PRINCE2® 7 Managing Successful Projects. The official manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
During Open Book examinations you have the option to use your Official Core Guidance Paperback Book, if you have one, or your Official Core Guidance eBook. Learn more here.