Online PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
Linda Zinn 24 Feb 2017 15:38

Greetings!

I am scheduled to take the Practitioner examination online through UProctor and BCS in about 10 days and am looking for some insight and guidance on the online format from those that might have taken it.

All of the sample papers in the training course, study guides and here on the Axelos site are multiple PDF documents that can be printed and easily referred back to during the practice examinations.

I'm curious how this will work with an online examination.  Are materials printed in advance prior to starting the actual examination?  Is there an easy navigation back to the main sceario information from the question set?  Is there an ability to highlight and markup the scenario online?  Is there a higher scratch paper allotment for notes (the Foundation only allowed one which I didn't use)? 

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide.  I'm quite concerned that being unfamiliar with the format is going to significantly cut into the exam time.

Regards,
Linda Zinn

Post Options
21 Jul 2017 19:04
Linda Hi,
Great question - as you are now a sucessful graduate of several online exams - including as hosted by the soon to be omni-present peoplcert perhaps you'd share your insight to help those coming along the same path after you? I know you recently said my descriptions in my course materials were eaccurate but nothing quite as valaue as first hand recent despatches from the trenches :)
Best regards
Simon
Post Options
18 Oct 2018 14:41
Linda,

I know this thread is a little old but for anyone else wondering the same... 

I recently passed my Foundation exam and will be taking the Practitioner one next week. I utilized SPOCE  OnLive for my training (I live in the U.S.) and they have a great exam simulator for both levels. Otherwise I've downloaded a few apps on my phone: Prince2, Prince2 Preparation, and Prince2 Trainer 2017 app. This way I can "study" while on the go!

Good luck everyone!
Ashley
Post Options
18 Oct 2018 14:41 Edited on 18 Oct 2018 at 14:43
oops... double post...
Post Options
10 Apr 2019 17:00
Hi,

i appreciate this was posted a while ago; but i have just completed the Prince2 Practitioner exam online with PeopleCert - and thought i would share how it works, as i too wondered how this would work online.

The main thing to note is you cannot print out the scenario - you have to either read it online or write it out!  you are allowed to have 3 pieces of blank paper (you have to show them to the invigilator via the webcam) to write notes on.  You dont get any extra time to write it out.  the scenario is in a pop up window, and also appears under the question.

At the end of the exam - if you have used the paper - you have to destroy it on webcam.

Hope that helps anyone sitting the Prince2Practitioner online smiley

Regards

Else
Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!