On Thursday 28th October we are carrying out essential upgrades. The website may be unavailable for a period of time starting from 6am BST. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Prince2 exam preparation - Hard copy vs eBook
Wynand Hoogenhout 17 Jan 2020 11:19
Hi,

I am preparing for my Prince2 Practitioner exam, and understands that the exam is open book. One would of course require a hard copy book for the exam.

My preference however is to rather invest in an eBook, and since I cannot purchase both hard copy or eBook, it would leave me without a hard copy book for the exam. I would prefer to own the eBook for easy referencing purposes for after the exam.

My question is, how import is the book for the exam?

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks,
Wynand
Post Options
11 May 2020 17:27
Hi Wynand,
the book is important for reference and to understand the technical terms / terminologies. You might be using the concepts in your day to day works, but when it comes to putting it down in the examination, we need the specific terminologies, which the books help.
If you are well versed with the terminologies, you may not actually need the book during the examination, but definitely for preparations you need the book.

If possible, borrow the book for preparations and study if you can't invest in the hard copy.
Post Options
09 Aug 2020 14:43
Please excuse me for the late reply.  The official PRINCE2 manual is very important and you will need this for the exam.   Perhaps, you can buy the ebook and then borrow the official manual for the exam.  
Tips on using the PRINCE2 Manual
- Make sure it well labled   - See https://hennyportman.wordpress.com/2017/06/09/prince2-update-2017-manual-supporting-tabs/ for some hits
- Use the manual for each question in the practice questions (get used to looking up questions) 
- Create your own index on all mahor diagrams in the manual as they contain a lot of information.   

Regards, Frank, PRINCE2 Coach

Post Options
26 Oct 2020 12:50
Very good advice. I made sure i had used good metatags (sorry had to add it) on the book and colour coding was key.  
Post Options
09 Nov 2020 09:55
Agreed, anyone considering taking the PRINCE2 practitioner exam should have a well marked up textbook.  Where there are fine nuances to the question it can make the difference between a pass and a fail.

Good luck to anyone preparing for their exam.
Post Options
14 Nov 2020 12:06
Just completed my exam yesterday and I can say that the advice on marking up the book to key areas made the difference between a pass and a fail.

Would highly advise this.
Post Options
24 Feb 2021 14:17 Edited on 25 Feb 2021 at 21:00
Hi, the question is important for me as well, as the exams are coming soon, but it's easier for me, I'm studying online at this time and I have enough online resources to prepare. In general, I like studying, I read a lot, I recently found a cool resource, I also can recommend you https://studydriver.com/the-giver-essay/ a useful resource that will help you get new skills or quickly solve your problems, go to study the selection of materials about the dystopian literature novel, The Giver, by Lois Lowry, it is very interesting, exciting and addictive, moreover, it will allow you to understand in more detail the essence of writing such works using various examples.
Post Options
27 Aug 2021 13:36 Edited on 01 Sep 2021 at 10:38
I think it's best to borrow a book from someone and write yourself notes. You won't have time to use it during the exam, but handwritten notes will definitely come in handy.

Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!