CoVid19 & PRINCE2:2019
Philip 11 Apr 2020 13:23

I work in a hospital environment (HSCNI or NHS) and find that Control theme and Learn from Experience principle, the latter is a very apt principle! Is key.

I also have to upskill on risks. I have the book but am open to lessons learnt from wiser heads.  Feel free…

I also need tips on ITIL (I have the foundation old cert) but is there a big change to the new foundation cert?
Post Options
21 Apr 2020 08:29
Hi,

Firstly I would like to commend you for the risks that you undertake. Secondly I agree with your observation. In the current scenario I believe only risk identification will not suffice, proper risk mitigation is a must. Also the entire risk management plan has to be suited to the Covid situation in such a way that it minimizes the losses incurred
Post Options
16 May 2020 10:30
Thank you for your empathy (I am still working on mine :)). We all have an equally important role to  do, no matter how insignificant society tells you it is. It is is not.
I actually started a new thread with risk being at its core before i read this. I am glad i am starting to think towards the same uncertainties.   
Post Options
21 May 2020 15:17
What is recommendaed as the risks to list on Risk Registers in a COV-19 scenario?  Risk of project overruns, risk to timelines, risk of losing ability to use particualr suppliers/vendors, lack of IT support for technology, liability and costs for sick workers or those on leave, need for back-up project leads, communication plan modifications to avoid failure, etc.?  Thoughts, eveyone?
Post Options
11 May 2020 17:07
Hi Philip,
thats a great work you are doing. Learn from experience is always a good point.
In the current situation itself, you can find so many risk factors, man power availibility, business continuity, financial losses, material risk, etc are the immediate visible risks. There could be second wave in the form of recession and alied financial losses.

With respect to ITIL, the basic principles remain the same, just that the few services have been added / few have been altered. If you have the old foundation certificate, you should find it easy going for the new one.
Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!