My ITSM tool is not working.
Dr. Mauricio Corona
03 Jun 2016
Throughout these years, I have seen several organizations that states their ITSM tool is not giving them value and they need to change for a new one. What are the main reasons you think organizations are changing their ITSM tool?
Hi. Did you read this thread? https://www.axelos.com/community/forums/f15/t12/itsm-tool-replacement
It contains some good thoughts.
But to answer your question - there can be two situations:
- ITSM tool did not meet expections from the beginning
- requirements for the tool were poor or non existent.
- customer expected that he would customize any tool to suit his processes
- customer chose tool before asessing its fitness for existing processes
- Having ITSM tool, customer is not willing to slightly change existing processes to suit that tool
- ITSM tool was very helpful in the beginning
- in the past, customer had right tool to suit his needs, but now his IT organization is more mature (including processes), and current tools does not provide required enhanced functionality. And customization would be very expensive.
Unfortunatelly, first situation is more frequent... Hope this helps.
I would also like to add that there is sometimes an unexpected/unanticipated cost/difficulty in changing the tools configuration once the tool is live, so much so that newer tools actively market themselves on how 'easy' (relatively speaking) it is to change/develop the tool.
poor value of tools
overly complex process
tool vs process mismatch
outgrowing the tool capabilities
can you please guide me ITSM Benefits.