How to handle customers/clients during escalation?
08 Jun 2016
How do we handle escalations from customers/clients? what are the methods for tackling it?
There is no getting around customer complaints. This process exists for all industries. The challenge is to address the issue with the customer while creating a constructive solution or process. Number one step in the process - Listen carefully to what the customer has to say, and let them finish!
09 Jun 2016
Edited on 09 Jun 2016 at 14:09
Handling an Escalated call is a challenging situation in Customer Care. These calls are important both to the Company and to the Customer that the escalated call is handled well, and that the issue is resolved. Key points to manage through the process.
- Show Concern as you Begin the Call
- Let the Customer Tell the Story
- Control your Assumptions
- Gather the Evidence
- Think of your Goals
- Offer your Solution Positively
I think ticket ownership is pretty much essential for this. And I don't think there is a hard and fast way managing it you just have to commit to a single method.
I have always preffered the use of the front line keeping ownership of tickets and communication as requests come in, escalation is then an internal thing that the customer doesn't have to see or worry about, they just have the one person owning their ticket.
But it this does rely on having great processes, communication and relationships in place within IT.
I have been involved in many major incidents, where escalation has hit very senior levels of management. The most important things to get right are:
- Transparency: Make sure your customers know what you're doing. Don't try to hide the bad news, even if it hurts more in the short term it will enable you to build up trust so that they will work with you.
- Collaboration: Engage the customer in helping to work around or resolve the issues. This doesn't mean that you make them responsible, but you certainly need to listen to their input and take their priorities into account.
- Communication: Plan your communication. Provide updates BEFORE the customer comes to ask for them. Communicate in the customer's language.
27 Sep 2018
Edited on 27 Sep 2018 at 22:54
There is a different way to tackle the customers and depends upon the situation so if you want to know how to handle the customers then you can learn it from Arris Customer Service
so that you can handle the clients during the escalation
Your first priority as a leader is to prevent un-needed escalations from occurring. If the experts closest to the work are empowered and stay involved, the issues will get resolved faster. to know more I suggest you go to the youtube and search it or you can go to the Microsoft and contact them through Hotmail email login