Shall I wait the new ITIL update to do the exam?
Anas Homsi 03 Apr 2018 14:19
I studied "ITIL Foundation 2011" and I intend to do the exam, but maybe it's better to wait the new version of ITIL, when will the new update be released? Is the materials will be available soon?
I need advice please.
Post Options
05 Apr 2018 10:05
Hi, 
I dont think you should wait. When new version will be launched, all existing succesfully completed certifications will be still valid. So you will not lose your investments:)
Good luck with examination!

With best wishes,
Vitali Pokrovski
Post Options
04 Mar 2019 11:25
So when the new version should appear?
Post Options
07 Mar 2019 20:08
Have you taken ITIL v3 already? If not, you can start fresh from ITIL v4 now
Post Options
01 Aug 2019 08:13
Hello All,

The new version has come.I would suggest everyone to undertake the newer one
Post Options
09 Aug 2019 20:17
As an instructor, I have been asked this question numerous times.  ITIL 4 introduces a number of concepts that shift the discussion from service lifecycle to service value chain.  My argument is that both are relevant.  If looking to understand the practices from a service lifecycle perspective, then start with ITIL v3 2011.  The certification won't go to waste but be aware that it is process-oriented.  ITIL 4 brings in a new perpsective, which is based on the previous research and inputs from emerging trends in business, service management and technical management.  It also introduces (although not explicitly), the overriding concept of architecture through a top-down and left-to-right view of the dimensions, the value system and the value chain.  Basically, ITIL 4 allows you to properly fit the processes (and even lifecycle) into the value objectives of your organization.  The ITIL 4 Foundation publication has been available since February and the next set of materials will be available in the 4th quarter 2019.
Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!