ITIL Expert Statistics
Alicia Beasley 21 Feb 2017 17:43
I am writing my Bio for a new job, and I would like to include some statistics on ITIL Expert.  I need one more class before I can sit for the MALC.  Most people in my current organization do not know much about ITIL.  How many ITIL Experts are there in the world?  I haven't been able to find any statistical data specific on this topic online.  Being able to justify this need will help get funding for completing my certification goals.
Post Options
05 Apr 2017 19:16
Dear Alicia,

Did you get a reply. Me too I wish to know the stat. 
I guess Axelos will share us detail reports by region, by number, may be by organization too....if possible...

Thank you,

Post Options
06 Jun 2017 13:07
I asked Axelos directly the question of number of Experts a few months ago, and they declined to provide this answer. One ITIL Expert and ITIL trainer I met told me about 6000 worldwide...
Post Options
09 Jan 2018 19:39
If anyone is still interested, check here.
Post Options
10 May 2018 01:55 Edited on 10 May 2018 at 01:56
Looks like I'm a little late to the party and the above link is now broken! Could someone please repost it? Thanks!
Post Options
20 Sep 2018 06:39
Hi Dragos,

Guess the link has expired or taken off. Please can you repost??

Regards,

Krishna
Post Options
07 Oct 2018 10:07
I passed my Manager's Certificate (as it was originally known) in 1994, two years after launch, and received no certificate number 662.  Research shows that by 2012, there were 20,000 ITIL experts in the world.
Post Options
18 Jun 2019 11:53
Here's the article:
Important Things You Should Know About ITIL Expert by Dragos Malihin
Post Options
21 Oct 2019 05:41 Edited on 21 Oct 2019 at 11:01
I found one more useful resource - it's a 45 min recording (a webinar). It's one of the references with the video:
Agile ITSM and SIAM in the Enterprise Managed Mobility Space webinar
Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!