Does ITIL really create a Competitive Advantage?
JeffK 05 Jun 2017 17:16
Research has proposed that ITIL alone does not create a competitive advantage and Business-IT relationships play a significant role. How has this worked in your company. Please contribute by taking this short anonymous survey for a portion of the fulfillment of my dissertation. It should only take about 30 seconds and is 5 multiple choice questions. All questions must be answered for me to utilize the results. Again, this is anonymous. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ITILBUS 
Post Options
18 Aug 2018 08:39
how was your survey?  can you share the outputs?
Post Options
31 Jul 2019 10:24
Hello,
Would require more data to proceed on this, as this is highly subjective. If you could post some data for analysis
Post Options
19 Aug 2019 14:25
Of course, not, ITIL alone does not create a competitive advantage. Why? Since it is common practice, everybody can us it. To gain a competitive advantage, one must do something in a different and better way than others.  Otherwise, it is just me-too.

Compare it to the famous Fosbury Flop. Dick Fosbury came up with the new approach and won the gold medal in high jump. Nowadays, everybody does the Fosbury Flop. Like ITIL, it is best practice. You cannot jump higher than your competitors do by just applying the Fosbury Flop. Of course, if you are familiar with the approach you will get result comparable to your benchmark.

Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!