What ITIL should I take?
David James Liu 21 May 2020 06:40

Hi everyone!

I wanted to get everyone's thoughts or advice on how I should proceed.

I have an EXIN ITIL foundation that was completed July 2013 and have ignored it since. I wish to revisit it again this year. Am I able to start ITIL 4 Practioner with my previous certification? Or should I start with ITIL 4 Foundation first?

Post Options
29 May 2020 16:33
Not really sure what "EXIN ITIL Foundation" is?  So I am not sure.

However if you have ITIL Foundation v3 then to progress to ITIL v4 you will need to do the ITIL v4 Foundation.

Hope this helps.
Post Options
30 Jul 2020 14:51
I would do the foundation course/certification first. Even if you quickly go through it, there are lots of terminoligy to catch up on. 
Post Options
23 Sep 2020 07:02
Hello David,

If you have ITIL v3 Foundation certification, I recommend that you train and obtain ITIL 4 Foundation certification through ITIL 4 Foundation bridge training (1 day only). By this way, you can continue your journey in the new ITIL 4 certification model.

ITIL 4 Foundation contains many changes and new features. This is why a new exam is necessary in order to demonstrate your knowledge of the new ITIL 4 Foundation guide.
Post Options
Forum Leaderboard
Our “Leaderboards” are just one way we show off the best and brightest of the AXELOS Community. This is a list of our top users with the highest post counts in the AXELOS Community - select "View the full leaderboard" to find out where you are on the list!