Recording effort in TFS 2010 using MSF Agile 5.0 or Scrum 1.0
27 Jul 2019
I am using the MSF Agile 5.0 template in TFS 2010. For the tasks I have created I get the text boxes to enter how many hours estimated, completed, remaining like here below
However, for work items of type user story, there is no such facility:
- Are there some relationship that needs to be maintained between a user story and its related tasks if I am using the MSF Agile 5.0 process template?
- Does this mean that I should not be creating only user stories in the said template but also break down each user story into multiple tasks if I need to account for the hours spent in completing that user story?
- How does one account for hours towards only user stories?
- Do you think switching to the Scrum template is better in this case?
- Is there a nice video explaining how to manage projects using the MSF Agile 5.0 template like there is this one for Scrum 1.0?
Thanks for your time...