AXELOS' 'Cyber Stories from the Frontline' brings to life the reality of cyber-crime for organizations today - and from the perspective of those who have first-hand experience:
Have you ever worked on a project where deadlines have taken precedence over good practice and opened up your IT systems to unnecessary risk?
This is exactly what happened to one CSO in our real-life 'Cyber Stories from the Frontline' series of cyber security stories.
How can the facts of this true story be both a warning and a guide to other organizations?
In the last of our series, A Cuckoo in the Nest, we explore:
- How someone logging into your system might not be person you think it is
- Why weaknesses in best practice – such as sharing log-in details – can expose your organization to hackers
- Striking the balance between positive contractor relations and letting third parties have unfettered access to sensitive data
- How to maintain good practice when timings mean you’re tempted to cut corners
- How to spot changes in behaviour that are warning signs of security issues
- The need for regular and refreshed cyber security training to minimize risk.
To find out what you can learn from this Cyber Story from the Frontline, download the full story, A Cuckoo in the Nest.
Read more Cyber Stories from the Frontline
The Trouble with Contractors
What happens when your cyber-attack hits the headlines?
Hacked into a parallel universe