AXELOS takes your privacy very seriously. There will be times when we will want to market something to you directly. This Direct Marketing Notice is to let you know how we will use your personal data to market things to you.
AXELOS strives to be transparent in our use of personal data. Please see our Privacy Notice for further information.
Who is AXELOS?
This is AXELOS’ registered address, company number and contact information:
30 Berners Street
London, W1T 3LR
Company Registration Number: 08489114
ICO Registration Number: ZA008505
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0) 2 7960 6863
AXELOS’ Website: www.axelos.com
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data and direct marketing in the UK are:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”)
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
AXELOS’ Privacy Notice
AXELOS recommends you read our Privacy Notice in order to understand how we keep and store your personal data in accordance with best practice under the GDPR.
How we market to you
AXELOS may contact you in various ways to market our products. For example:
- Postal Mail
- SMS/Text Message.
When can AXELOS contact you for marketing purposes?
AXELOS may contact you if:
- You have recently purchased something from us, to market a complimentary product or service
- You have recently shown interest in purchasing one of our products or services
- You have given us consent to contact you in order to market products or services to you reasonably recently (usually within the last six months).
How does AXELOS gain consent to contact me for marketing purposes?
AXELOS gains consent from you by asking you directly in clear terms if you want to receive marketing information from us for various products. This can be by:
- Asking you in clear terms on our website for consent to market to you, and asking you to tick a box if you agree
- Asking you in clear terms at a trade show or live event for consent to market to you, and asking you to fill in a form if you agree
- Asking you in clear terms when you call us for consent to market to you, and making a record if you agree
- Asking you in clear terms in other ways for your consent to market to you, such as during a survey or as part of a competition, and keeping a record of your agreement.
Can I receive marketing information for just some products and not all of them?
Yes, you can always ask us to market some things to you and not others. You can ask us to stop marketing some products to you. You can give us consent to market everything we sell to you, or just some things.
Does AXELOS give my personal data to third parties?
AXELOS does not give your information to third parties for the purposes of directly marketing products or services to you without your express permission.
How long does my consent to receive direct marketing last?
Consent does not last forever, so from time to time AXELOS may contact you and ask if you still consent to receive direct marketing from us. There is no set time that consent lasts, but AXELOS will use best practice in order to make sure your consent is not ‘stale’.
What does AXELOS do to ensure that my rights are protected?
AXELOS takes your right to privacy seriously. We want you to feel reassured that when you give us consent to market things to you directly, we will honour the terms of the consent you gave us.
In order to ensure your rights are protected, AXELOS will:
- Only use opt-in methods of consent
- Make sure your consent was the result of a clear and genuine choice to receive marketing information
- Make sure your consent was obtained recently (usually within the last twelve months)
- Specify how we will contact you when we ask for consent
- Ask for consent before we pass your details to third parties
- Keep clear records about your consent (how you want to be contacted and for what products/services)
- Check after a reasonable period of time to make sure you still consent to receiving direct marketing information from us
- Check the Telephone Preference Service before marketing to you by telephone
- Honour any request from you that we no longer contact you about some or all of our products and services
- Honour any request from you that we no longer contact you in a specific way.
If we purchase a list of names from a third party, we will make sure:
- That the third party is a member of a recognised professional body
- That we do not use the list if we do not have recent proof of your consent to be contacted by a third party
- That the product or service we market to you is similar to the product or service that you originally consented to receive marketing information for)
- That we only use your personal data for marketing purposes
- That we delete any data that is not relevant or any excess personal information
- That we will check our own records to make sure you haven’t requested us not to contact you
- That we will test the validity of the data
- That we will follow our Privacy Notice if you have complaints
- That we will tell you where we got your information if you ask
- That we will include our company details in postal mail and e-mail
- That we will provide you with a privacy notice when we can.
Changes to Our Direct Marketing Notice
AXELOS may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
- This policy was last updated in September 2017.