The PRINCE2 qualification scheme has been developed to offer three levels of qualification, Foundation, Practitioner and Professional. AXELOS has accredited a number of Examination Institutes (EIs) who then accredit a network of Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs), including their trainers and course material. The ATOs and accredited trainers offer PRINCE2 training courses and examinations.
You must pass the Foundation examination before the Practitioner examination, either on the same day or separately.
If you have previously passed the Foundation examination or one of the qualifications approved as prior learning, you qualify to sit the Practitioner examination without needing to re-sit the Foundation.
Read our guide to which qualifications are now recognized as approved prior learning for the PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification (PDF, 380KB).
If you sit the Foundation exam only, and pass, you will receive a Foundation examination certificate. However, if you sit both the Foundation and Practitioner exam on the same day, and pass both, you will receive a Practitioner examination certificate only.
There are two routes towards obtaining the PRINCE2 qualifications - you can sit the exams at the end of a training course with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or Accredited Trainer, or study privately and then book the exam without a training course via one of the PRINCE2 Examination Institutes.
For details of training courses, use our search facility to locate a training provider.
The PRINCE2 Foundation, Practitioner and Practitioner Re-registration examinations are available in the following languages:
- Arabic (Foundation examination only)
- Brazilian Portuguese (all examinations)
- Chinese (Mandarin all examinations)
- Czech (Foundation and Practitioner examinations only)
- Danish (all examinations)
- Dutch (all examinations)
- English (all examinations)
- French (all examinations)
- German (all examinations)
- Italian (all examinations)
- Japanese (Foundation examination only)
- Korean (Foundation examination only)
- Norwegian (all examinations)
- Polish (all examinations)
- Romanian (Foundation and Practitioner examinations only)
- Russian (Foundation examination only)
- Slovak (Foundation examination only)
- Spanish (all examinations)
- Swedish (all examinations)
Examinations in these languages are available through our global network of Accredited Training Organizations.