Purpose and Scope
During its business transactions AXELOS collects and uses information in order to meet legal and contractual requirements, provide services and enhance user experience. Some of this information may be of a personal nature and this policy sets out why, when and how we will collect, securely use and dispose of this information.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information from which you can be personally identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AXELOS may change this policy from time to time to reflect changes in local or international laws or AXELOS policies so you should regularly check this policy to ensure any changes as to how we manage your data are acceptable. This policy is effective from 7 March 2014.
What Information we Collect
With your consent, we may collect the following information:
- Job Title
- Organization Name
- Organization Type
- Contact information including, address, telephone, email address and social media tags or IDs
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Training and exam results
- Skills and work experience
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, promotions and/or offers.
Successful Candidate Register
As an organization that holds information as to whether an individual possesses certifications we are frequently requested, for example by prospective employers, professional membership organizations etc. to verify whether an individual's assertion that they possess the certification is accurate. AXELOS will only verify whether an individual is certified or not upon receiving sufficient identifying information regarding the subject of the inquiry.
This listing provides:
- Candidate Name
- Candidate Number
- Exam Institute - the Exam Institute marking the exam
- Exam Scheme (e.g. PRINCE2, ITIL)
- Exam Date
- Exam Level (e.g. Foundation, Practitioner)
- Accredited Training Organization the training was provided by
- Registration Expiry Date (where applicable).
This information is collected through our Exam Institutes.
Online Community Profile
Your Personal Profile features information you may wish to share with other site members on your Profile Page. If you decide to publish your profile, your first name and family name will be visible to other users of AXELOS.com. Additional information fields from your Personal Profile information, including location, and other personal information you choose to share, along with any profile image, will appear only if you have opted to provide those items. Information is displayed at our sole discretion.
Our online community is moderated, and any information you post may be edited to conform to our Terms and Conditions of Website Use. Any personal information you disclose in comments will be publicly visible. Such information can be viewed online and collected by third parties. We are not responsible for the use of information by such third parties. We also recommend you avoid sharing any personal information that can be used to identify you (such as your age, address, or name of employer). We are not responsible for the privacy of any identifiable information that you post in our online community.
What we do with the Information we Collect
This information enables us to better understand your needs from our services, enhance the user experience and improve our support for:
- Internal record keeping.
- Qualification verification.
- Legal reasons, to prevent fraud.
- Marketing, promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Contacting you for market research purposes, prize draws etc.
- Personalizing the services we provide to you.
- Sharing the information with our partners in the provision of the services that we provide to you, and they provide to us.
How we Protect your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in line with international security good practice to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We comply with the UK Data Protection Act.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest or payment services for the purchasing of our products. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over websites that we do not manage. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites that are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites you visit.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the below address or emailing us at [email protected].
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the UK Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
AXELOS Global Best Practice
17 Rochester Row
London, SW1P 1QT
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at [email protected] as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
TSO (The Stationery Office) is responsible for processing transactions made on the site. If you have any queries about orders placed on the site, please contact [email protected].
TSO Ltd Company Registered Number 3049649. Registered Office 29 St, John's Lane, London, EC1M 4NA.