M_o_R® Practitioner Risk Management Certification
Understand how to apply and tailor M_o_R in a scenario situation.
Purpose of the M_o_R Practitioner Certification
The Practitioner certification allows you to demonstrate you have an understanding of how to apply and tailor M_o_R in a practical context. You should be able to start applying an M_o_R-based risk management approach to any organization challenge.
This certification is aimed at anyone working within a corporate governance environment that has responsibilities for identifying, assessing, planning, or managing risks, or reporting on risk management activities across the organization.
To take the M_o_R Practitioner examination, you must hold a current M_o_R Foundation certificate.
Booking an exam where pre-requisites apply
Please ensure that before you book an exam where a prerequisite is required, that you hold verified proof of completion of that prerequisite (i.e. certificate, or letter from AXELOS or former Examination Institute confirming you hold a current certification). Your examination results will be withheld until the correct prerequisite is provided to PeopleCert. If you are unable to provide the required prerequisite, then you will need to successfully complete the prerequisite before the higher-level exam result is released.
- Objective testing
- Four questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- Three hours’ duration
- Open book exam. Candidates may use the official printed hard copy of the Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners guide together with the ABC Guide Part A Example Techniques guidance document is allowed. The manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
Due to the impact of the coronavirus, from 13 April 2020 to 31 December 2021 individuals are now permitted to print PDFs for exams and use PDFs or official e-books on a second e-device (portable digital devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops) during open book exams.
M_o_R Practitioner Re-registration Examination
The M_o_R Practitioner certification will expire after 5 years and you are required to sit an additional re-registration examination within three to five years of your original certification in order to retain the accreditation. Taking the re-registration examination also enables you to demonstrate your commitment to Continuing Professional Development and that your knowledge of M_o_R remains current.
If you have only passed the Foundation examination, you are not required to re-register.
M_o_R Practitioner Re-Registration Examination Format
- Objective-testing format
- 90 minutes duration
- Open book exam. Only the official printed hard copy of Management of Risk: Guidance for Practitioners together with the AXELOS guidance documents ABC Consulting Ltd. Sample Risk Documents and Worked Examples of some of the Common Techniques. No other material other than the Question Booklet, the Scenario Booklet and the Answer Booklet can be used.
- The official manual may be annotated and tabulated but no sticky notes and loose leaf papers containing additional notes will be allowed.
- Contains 2 questions (each worth 20 marks)
- A total score of 20 out of 40 (50%) is required to pass.