ITIL Maturity Model
The ITIL® Maturity model and self-assessment service has been developed to help organizations improve their IT service management within the ITIL framework.
There are two different ITIL Maturity models available:
- High level self-assessment service
- Full self-assessment service.
The model contains a set of 30 questionnaires – one questionnaire for each of the 26 ITIL processes and four ITIL functions.
Each questionnaire includes:
- Process/function demographic questions
- Process/function-generic attributes
- Process/function-specific attributes
- Process/function outcomes and outputs
- Interfaces and inputs.
The service calculates the maturity of each process or function from answers to the questions within these questionnaires. All questions have two possible responses – ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ and each question corresponds to one of the five levels of maturity defined by ITIL:
A process or function that is completely absent is considered to be at Level 0 (Chaos).